The Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W202) Service Manual: 1994-2000 contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class from 1994 to 2000. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you’re a professional or a do-it-yourself Mercedes-Benz owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your car.
The do-it-yourself Mercedes-Benz owner will find this repair manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Models and engines covered:
- C 220, 4-cylinder 2.2 liter (M 111)
- C230, 4-cylinder 2.3 liter (M 111)
- C230 Kompressor, 4-cylinder 2.3 liter (M 111)
- C 280, 6-cylinder 2.8 liter (M 104)
- C 280, V6 2.8 liter (M 112)
- 4-speed automatic (1994-1996)
- 5-speed automatic (1997-2000)
- Covers Mercedes-Benz C-Class models 1994 2000 based on the W202 platform, sold from 1994 through 2000.
- Maintenance procedures from changing the ATF to replacing the cabin air filter. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step cylinder head cover and cylinder head removal and installation.
- Cooling system and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
- Information about advanced technical features such as variable intake manifold, traction control and stability control.
- Suspension repair procedures.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including power distribution and grounds.
- Mercedes-Benz OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Mercedes-Benz factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.