How to Understand, Service and Modify
This is the authoritative handbook on Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management Systems. This is the only manual that fully explains aspects of the most widely installed Bosch systems, including specific technical information on the newest KE-Motronic and LH-Motronic systems that is not available from any other source.
Bosch Systems covered:
Author Charles Probst has worked directly with factory engineers and technicians from Bosch, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Audi, and other manufacturers to produce down-to-earth but detailed technical literature for real-world technicians. Now complete service and maintenance procedures, with Chuck’s expert advice and troubleshooting tips, are available to you.
Chuck clarifies advantages and operating principles of each Bosch system and explains how they work. He also gives you high performance tuning secrets that really work for street and racing applications, and tells you why some tricks, like “fooling” the computer, don’t. With over 350 illustrations and photos, this 224-page book is a must-have reference for do-it-yourself mechanics, performance enthusiasts, and professional technicians who want to understand Bosch systems.
- Fuel Injection Training & Theory: How each system works
- Engine Management Systems: How they differ from Fuel Injection Systems
- How to troubleshoot problems and service each subsystem
- Tools and equipment are needed
- How to adjust and control engine idle speed
- How to adjust air-fuel mixture
- How engine management systems adjust timing for gasoline octane and turbo boost
- Racing and high performance modifications: what works and what doesn’t